Sustainability at IWCE / Informa Tech
We know sustainability is increasingly important to our attendees and exhibitors, as well as to our market as a whole. Running IWCE gives us lots of opportunities to improve our impacts environmentally, socially and economically in our host cities. We want to make our event more responsible and play a role in helping our markets improve its own sustainability through connecting people with the networks and knowledge they want to help solve the big challenges in our sector.
Sustainability at Informa Tech has five key elements: people, communities, environment, customers, and governance. Being an ethical, sustainable business is central to how we behave, how we make decisions, and how we do business every day. At Informa Tech, our evolution of producing sustainable events is fueled by insight, innovation, and collaboration. We are proud of our commitment to having a positive environmental and social impact on both the communities and industries we work within.
Learn more about our Sustainability programs below.
IWCE Sustainability Initiatives
- Re-use signage where applicable; recycle printed signage that cannot be re-used.
- Replace printed signage with digital signage, where appropriate.
- Partner with charitable organizations.
- Support the local community by collaborating with local vendors when possible.
- Reduce printed materials.
FasterForward is our approach to sustainability, moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business. A series of activities and commitments carried out between 2020-2025 will ensure our events become ever more sustainable, delivering a truly positive impact to the markets we serve. We will also actively help our partners, customers, and wider markets to achieve the same.
Our FasterForward commitments include:
- Become carbon neutral across our events by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our events by 2025
- Become zero waste and net zero carbon by 2030 or earlier
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our events by 2025
See the full list of commitments and find out more.
What Can Exhibitors Do To Reduce Waste?
What Exhibitors Can Do To Reduce Signage Waste
- Encourage less printing and provide more information digitally when it comes to booth literature, fulfilling requests via email and website referrals
- If you must print, create reusable non-dated signs that can be used year after year
- Avoid foam core signs and request recyclable material such as cardboard signag
What Exhibitors Can Do To Reduce Booth Waste
- Request sustainable options from GES
- BYOF!- Avoid carpet and bring your own flooring, like puzzle foam flooring that can be reused at all your shows
- Break down ALL cardboard boxes and put in the correct recycling bin
- Request additional booth bins for recycling and compost collection
- Use only compostable or recyclable service ware for samples and give-a-ways
- Use the stickers provided at the Exhibitor Services desk to mark your materials for recycling or donation
- Set a goal to leave no trace behind by shipping out all booth properties and packing materials and donating extra giveaways